System 6 Features and Specifications
System 6 Features
- Solid-state Fiber-Optic Gyros (FOGs) enabling the highest sensitivity possible using direct digital output.
- Custom software records data and monitors system performance with greater reliability
- Embedded sensor electronics increases robustness, reliability, stability, and accuracy of readings.
- Sensor and electronics are temperature stabilized in a double oven.
- Sensor is sealed to outside air removing the need for pressure corrections.
- DSP Platform Control using a digital signal processor board to keep the platform level independently of the system computer, allowing higher platform gain which gives faster response times and smaller errors
- Sensing accomplished with full electronic feedback of the beam
- Minimized cross-coupling corrections
- Laboratory tests show a dynamic repeatability of better than 0.25 milliGals.
- Increased Precision – Internal sampling of the analog signals at 6.4kHz improves accuracy, avoids aliasing, and produces greater than 24-bit effective resolution.
- Employs industrial-grade electronics designed for long life and high reliability even in adverse conditions.
- Uninterruptible Power Supply is standard on the system.
- Aircraft inverter (28V DC to 110V AC) included with the system.
- Integrated GPS provides stable time base and precision sampling.
- Full customer support.
- Installation, training, survey setup and assistance.
- Fully functional spare electronics for less downtime.
- On call technical support
- Range: ±500,000 milliGals (worldwide)
- Drift: 3 millGals per month or less
- Temperature Setpoint: 45 to 65°C
- Platform Pitch: ± 25°
- Platform Roll: ± 30°
- Control Period: 4 to 4.5 minutes
- Control Damping: 0.707 of critical
- Recording Rate: 20Hz
- Serial Output: RS-232
- Additioinal I/O: Sensor Temperature
- Resolution: 0.01 milliGals
- Static Repeatability: 0.02 milliGals
- Accuracy: 0.6 milliGals or better
- 50,000 milliGal Horizontal Acceleration: 0.25 milliGals
- 100,000 milliGal Horizontal Acceleration: 0.5 milliGals
- 100,000 milliGal Vertical Acceleration: 0.25 milliGals
- Operating Temperature: 5 to 50°C
- Storage Temperature: -10 to 50°C
- Power Requirements: 75W @ 27°C nominal, 300W Peak, 80-265VAC, 47-63Hz
- Dimensions: 58.4 x 53.3 x 55.9 cm
- Weight: System 73 kg