HybridGravity Survey Services
Click here to download
a description of Micro-g LaCoste's new high efficiency, micro-gravity survey solution, HybridGravity.
Absolute Gravity Surveys
and Data Processing
Click here to download a
printer-friendly version of this document (PDF®
Micro-g LaCoste now offers a complete suite of absolute
gravity survey services, including both observation and data
processing, to the geophysical, explorations, and metrological
communities. Applications include primary control for
relative gravity networks, long term vertical deformation and
subsidence monitoring, monitoring of underground fluid
movement, and calibration of inertial navigation and force
- Micro-g provides absolute gravity survey services at
outdoor and indoor environments world wide.
- Past survey projects include vertical uplift monitoring
in the New Zealand Alps and water flood injection mapping in
the harsh arctic environment of the Prudhoe Bay oil field.
Micro-g has also provided 2 µGal accuracy calibration
reference points for high precision metrology and
calibration laboratories located throughout the world.
- Our experienced field scientists and engineers, together
with our absolute gravity instrumentation, ensure absolute
gravity data products are of the highest quality.
- Micro-g's proven g absolute
gravity data acquisition and processing software uses
advanced data processing techniques. The software ensures
that geophysical, environmental, and metrological
corrections are applied according to strict standards agreed
upon by the scientific community. Independent
(re)processing services of absolute gravity data are also
Current Instruments Available for Field Work
FG5 instrument in metrology laboratory.
- Absolute Accuracy: ± 2 µGal1
- Measurement Precision: ± 1 µGal
- Integration Time to 1 µGal: 1 hour
- Operation: Indoor and Outdoor (Protected Environments)
A10 instrument during winter field survey.
- Absolute Accuracy: ± 10 µGal2
- Measurement Precision: ± 5 µGal
- Integration Time to 10 uGal: 5 minutes
- Operation: Indoor and Outdoor (Exposed Environments)
- Acquisition: 30 minutes minimum including setup, occupation, and tear down time
All Micro-g field survey isntruments use Micro-g's g Absolute Gravity Acquisition and
Processing Software. The software produces clear,
detailed reports of all acquisition and processing parameters.
Preliminary reports are available immediately on-site.
Absolute gravity surveys performed with the FG5 include
determination of the local gravity gradient with a Scintrex
CG3® relative gravimeter.3
Absolute Gravity Data (Re)Processing Services for
previously acquired data using Micro-g g software are
- British Petroleum Exploration, Alaska
- U.S. Army Metrology Division
- National Science Foundation
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- Columbia University
- National Imagery and Mapping Agency
- U.S. Naval Surface Warfare Center
- U.S. Geological Survey
Contact Micro-g for more information on any of these services.
1Based on observations taken at
the NOAA Table Mountain Gravity Observatory.
2As determined by comparison with
3Gravity gradient determination
also available with A10 surveys.
4Included are both direct and
indirect contacts. Refrence contacts and example reports are
available upon request.