g 9.0 Enhancements
- Self Attraction Correction Provision.
- Diffraction Correction Provision.
- Drop Residual Spectrum Graph.
- Improved Overall Stability.
- Significantly Improved Reprocessing Speed.
- SIM-X Integration.
- Tele-g Incorporated for SIM-X.
- Minor errors/bugs corrected.
- Improved GPS sync with KRONOS system.
- Updated Live Channel View.
- Added Average A2D values to set.txt file.
- System Beep On/Off switch.
- Laser Lock Detection Warning improved.
- Barometer Detection Error Warning.
- Updated to work on Windows 7 (32-bit) for real time acquisition (and either 32- or 64-bit for reprocessing).
- Note that as of Version 9, g is compatible with Microsoft Windows 2000 and above (2000, XP, Vista, and 7).
g 8.0 Enhancements
Note that as of Version 8, g is only compatible with Microsoft Windows NT-based operating systems (including NT, 2000, and XP). Windows Vista is currently not supported. g8 is not compatible with older versions of Windows (95 and 98).
- Updated Tide Model (Small changes to coefficients).
- Updated Graphics Package.
- Import/Export stability improved.
- Acquisition/Last Processed Date added to project file.
- Average Red/Blue separation added to project file (A-10/FG-L).
- Red/Blue now properly synced with ML-1 hardware (A-10/FG-L).
- Automatic reporgramming of Kronos GPS unit.
- Analog Channels 8 - 10 added for SIM systems (FG-5).
- Added DM.M to DD conversion.
- Failed trigger causes Pause rather than Time-out.
- ML-1 laser unlocks if manually stopped mid-set.
- FG-L standard uncertainty corrected to 10 microGals.
g 7.0 Enhancements
- Real-time stamps on drops.
- Real-time Pause function.
- WEO laser lock detection.
- Support for "Kronos" GPS-based clock system.
- Password security function built in to program.
- New "View Channels" and "Help" buttons.
- Improved graph scale funcitonality.
- Clarified menus and Setup windows.
g 6.0 Enhancements
- Current set mean updated with each drop in Set Window View
- ASCII Import and Export functions
- Email notification during data acquisition
- Newly updated Ocean Load (FES 2004) routines
- Improved file I/O and memory management
- Graphics scales retain user's choice
- Clarified pop up help panels
- g processing and acquisition version bug fixed
- gProjectMerge now more robust
g 5.0 Enhancements
- Includes and Improves upon all g 4.0 features.
- Fit selection now in terms of time (not fringe number).
- Fit sensitivity plots now included in real time (truncations).
- Support for National Instruments A2D cards.
- Support for WEO 200 Iodine Laser.
- "Large View" now enabled (F12).
- Bug in "Time Offset" fixed.
- "Red/Blue" Sequencing enabled. Allows "L" series lasers to be run
in quick succession in both modes, but still spread measurements over long periods.
- Last windows opened now remembered.
- Numerous stability bugs fixed.
g 4.0 Enhancements
- Includes and Improves upon all g 3.0 features.
- Intuitive distinction between project files and templates.
- Save As... opens new file automatically.
- Improved support for point location files.
- New more intuitive location for Wavefiles, Templates, and Point Files
- OceanLoad built into g.
- OceanLoad parameters read in automatically from Information window.
- Earth Tide and Ocean Load uncertainties calculated as a percentage
- Total systematic uncertainty now estimated in Uncertainty Setup.
- Uncertainty due to gradient now based on size of vertical transfer.
- Support for GuideTech PCI TIA card.
- Weighted statistics used in gravity value and set scatter
- More intuitive Setup layout.
g 3.0 Enhancements
- Includes and Improves upon all g 2.2 features.
- Improved re-sizing and Tool Tips for the State Window
- Simultaneous plotting of both compensated and uncompensated
residuals when Frequency Response applied to gravity fits
- Reorganized windows and menus and removed obsolete functions
- Added analog channel window to view parameters before data acquisition
- More intuitive Convert function to move between DMS
or UTM to Decimal Degree longitude and latitude
- Improved consistency between "System", "Control", and "Statistics"
menus for Gravimeter and Laser systems
- Includes support for new GuideTech 658 PCI Time Interval Analyzer card.
- Backwards compatible with previous versions.
g 2.2 Enhancements
- Includes and Improves upon all g 1.0 features.
- New Security Feature Eliminates the need for User Passwords.
- Uncertainty Class added to "Control" setup sheet for improved description of Total Measurement Uncertainty.
- New "Write to Template" feature allows old settings to be quickly used for new surveys.
- Completed Sets and Drops now added to Set/Drop Tree List in real time.
- Multiple Set Select/Deselect enabled.
- Set Select/Deselect information automatically saved in Project File.
- "Set Break Point" enabled on Tree List.
- "Quick Update" allows discarding or adding sets without reprocessing entire project.
- Enhanced detailed output for Project and Set Output files.
- Project and Set Ouput files now have automatic and user-selected name to avoid output file naming confusion.
- Serial Barometer channel auto-communication seek enabled.
- State Window auto-scaling at start-up.
- System Response enabled for all installations.
- Updated online searchable PDF® help file.
- Graphics display performance greatly improved.
- Backwards compatible with previous versions.
g 1.0 Features
- 32 Bit Code optimized for running on Windows© Platforms 95/98/NT
- Very fast data reprocessing (>100 drop/s rate)
- Easy to use graphical interface with the look and feel of Windows2000� provided by StingRay© software tools
- Numerical and graphical output in scalable resizeable windows
- Incorporates the latest data processing algorithms and IGBN gravity standards
- Conversion of OLIVIA© denisfied data sets (*.ddt) to the g© data format(*.gsf) (Both old and new electronics supported)
- Provides flexible output data formats (including ASCII dumps of raw data)
- Y2K Compliant
- Smaller file sizes for easier portability and internet transfer
- On-line help
- Eliminates problems of DOS© based OLIVIA© and REPLAY© software:
- Greatly increased allowable number of data points fit per drop (limited by platform memory)
- User-defined number of drops per set and number of sets per session (limited by hardrive space)
- Allows individual selection of drops or sets for inclusion/exclusion from data processing
- Solves the printing problem encountered when running DOS©programs from Windows©
- Windows© environment allows easy integration of mass storage devices (eg. a CD/RW drive, tape drive, etc.,) for archiving large data sets