Air-Sea Gravity System II
- Gyros - The Air-Sea System II has solid-state Fiber-Optic Gyros
(FOGs). The highest sensitivity possible using direct digital
output. The system is also compatible with new mechanical
- Digital Control System - The all-new digital control system
stabilizes the platform and sensor, records data, and monitors
system performance with greater reliability.
- DSP Platform Control - A digital processor keeps the platform
level independently of the system computer. This control system
allows higher platform gain which gives faster response times
and smaller errors.
- Repeatability - Laboratory tests show a dynamic repeatability
of better than 0.25 mGals.
- Increased Precision - Internal sampling of the analog signals
at 1000Hz improves accuracy, avoids aliasing, and produces 21
bit effective resolution.
- Reliability - The new Air-Sea Gravity System II employs
industrial-grade electronics designed for long life and high
reliability even in adverse conditions, minimizing the need for
operator intervention and maintenance. Built-in diagnostic
functions will even assist the operator in troubleshooting and
repairs when necessary. Spare electronicsare full modular
plug-ins for less downtime.
- Uninterruptible Power Supply - An Uninterruptible Power Supply
is standard on the system, insulating the system from power
fluctuations. It accepts AC input voltage (80-265VAC)
- Shaft Encoder Standard - Spring tension value is stored in
- Stable Time Base - Ruibidium oscillator provides precision
- GPS Interface - GPS data is recorded and a realtime E�tv�s
correction is calculated.
- Upgrade Your Meter! - Upgrades are available for all older L&R
Air-Sea Gravity Meters.